The Select From List is a lot used when you want to have lots of options. This lesson will serve as an example for selecting a kitchen material. You will learn both the material usage and the Select From List feature. Also learn how to change materials when clicking (Interact Dynamic Component)
Download Example Models
- How to use Material in Sketchup Dynamic
- How to create the Select From List option
- How to use Attribute: Hidden
- How to Change Material with Onclick Attribute
Steps to Dynamic Material Change:
- Step 1: Create materials, apply on a component with full materials, this component will be hidden and located in the parent Component.
- Step 2 Create Component to apply material
- Step 3: Create the Parent Component including the Main Component and the Material component.
- Step 4: Hide the Component Material.
- Step 5: Set the Material properties for the parent Component with the Select From List option
- If the Material Component is not in the parent Component, it will not be created.
- Material names should be simple, immediately written with dashes (-) so that the software understands the names of materials