The 3dhouse plugin Sketchup has much model to quickly draw half joints shelves. The model library already has 2-way draw half joints , just need to manually draw more curves to create curved shelves assembled with half joints shelves
Step 1: Load half joints model
The model is highly customizable, you can adjust the model structure as you like. The purpose of this step is that you will have a standard size and structure to prepare for the next step to create a curve for the shelf. Adjustable parameters of the model
- Resize height, width, depth
- Change the depth of the mount, because the cut is curved, adjust the depth to 2/3 so that the curve does not cut through the mount.
- Hide 4 outer borders
- Change board thickness
- Change the number of panels horizontally and vertically
Step 2: Manually create curves
- Select 3dshouse plugin’s
- Clean Dynamic tool click model to remove the dynamic feature, weld the panels together. Clean Dynamic is required before manual fix.
- Go to the mount bar group, use the divide command to divide the mount bar line into 4 parts. The purpose of creating a capture point.
- Use the Arch line command to draw a curve through 2 points, drag away the excess, do the same for the remaining bars
- Erase excess faces and lines.
- Copy similar groups
Step 3: Nesting with plugin ABF
Nesting with plugin Abf to export drawing CNC